..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Top Paddock

So I have heard about this place for awhile and I FINALLY got around to going to it. Been craving bunch for awhile, so on a nice cool autumn weekend it was the day that I get off my ass and try it.


Located in the Richmond/Toorak vicinity there was no doubt this will be those new trending brunch spots with cool decor. And I wasn't disappointed, I know the food should be the focus, but sometimes being in a nice cosy environment just makes that experience a bit better. 

To start off I grabbed a latte and this sadly disappointed. I am no coffee expert but I do know enough when the coffee beans are burnt and the milk was too hot when they made the latte.... not a good start.

The menu had a good range to choose from but nothing crazy exciting. End up settling for the ricotta hot cakes and Top Paddock homemade sausage with green tomato. To me the ricotta hot cakes was the winning dish of the day. Served with blue berry, maple syrup, mascarpone and seeds it was good combinations of flavours and texture

Unfortunately the Top Paddock homemade sausage was not as good. That's not to say it's not good, but just once you compare it to the ricotta hot cakes, the hot cakes will always win. To me the bread was a tad soggy and the green tomatoes did nothing for me. I did like the eggs, bacon, sausage and relish but it wasn't anything made it exceptional.

Overall: 14/20. I would go with a bunch of friend as it is a good hang out for brunch. I think I need to try more before I can fully give it a fair score.

Top Paddock on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig