..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Monday, May 19, 2014

Rue & Co

Rue &Co is located on the Paris end of Collins Street. It is a small area that has been converted into an outdoor eating space with 3 pop up stores. You get the choice of Kong, Jimmy Grants and St Ali.


The Jimmy Grants and St Ali might be quite familiar to most and you might be wondering who is Kong? Kong is Asian inspired fusion eatery created by the team behind Chin Chin.


Since my friends and I were here for dinner, we gave St Ali a miss and went straight for Jimmy Grants and Kong.





At Jimmy Grants we got the grain salad, dim sims, souva, and chips to share. The chips and souva here never fail me. It was the first time I got the grain salad and sadly it didn't do anything for me. Given the other things that we ordered, it felt too heavy for a salad. The lamb souva we divided by 3 but I would've happily chow down and entire one on my own. 

Kong was interesting, I was quite attracted to the menu as their Asian fusion plays on a
combination of popular textures and flavours. We got the Korean fried wings, these sweet honey garlic wings had a bit of a kick in it.


For the Kong Bo Sam we got the roast pork belly with apple slaw option. This came with kim chi, lettuce and chilli jam. The concept is that you put a little bit of each thing on the lettuce and eat it together. It's really just a Korean version of a sang choi bao.


The steamed buns with the brisket and wombok kimchi was my favourite dish of the night. Personally I really like to eat steamed buns so that was already a win for me. The kimchi with the heaviness of the brisket was a very good combination and together with a sweet steamed bun, I could have easily smashed a few of these down by myself.

Overall, 13/20 for Kong, as a new comer and working out of a semi food truck, I was impressed enough, that I would go and visit their store. Jimmy Grant was consistent with what you expect in the store.


Kong on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig