..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Pappa Rich - Knox City

Last Saturday I was fortunate enough to be invited as a guest along with D to taste some of the dishes the new Pappa Rich in Knox City had to offer. Located in the Ozone area, Pappa Rich had a fast pace buzz and a small queue of people at the door around 1pm. With an array of authentic Malaysian dishes to choose from, Pappa Rich is just one of those places you go when you want a no frills, good Malaysian feed. Perfect catch up space between shopping.



To start, satay was passed along the table for all the guest to try. D and I arrived late so there wasn't much left by the time we got ours. D had one and said it was tasty and well cooked.



For my main dish I ordered the Chilli Pan Mee. This was a noodle dish served with ikan bilis (fried anchovies), mince meat, spinach, chilli paste and finished with a soft boiled egg. To eat it, I popped the egg yolk and mixed everything up. This had the small kick from the sauce and wonderful balance of textures.


D got the nasi lemak, coconut rice with curry chicken, ikan bilis, egg and prawns. I consider this the perfect after school feed. 

Then there was dessert. The sago pudding was in a bowl of coconut milk, palm sugar, topped off with read bean.  All classic elements of a Malaysian dessert in one bowl.

The egg sago pudding was a small egg pudding surrounded in a pool of coconut milk sago. Nothing to fault in this, except I wish I had more!



Overall 13.5/20. This is good, trusty reliable Malaysian food but it hasn't reached the same 'high' as their other stores, though it is still a store I would happily visit for lunch or dinner if I was around Ozone for a movie or shopping. 



Papparich Knox City on Urbanspoon
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig