..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hung Vuong Saigon

Prior to Bear going back to Sydney, we did manage to squeeze in a pho date in the West. Pho is one of my favourite things to eat in the Melbourne winter. It's warm soup noodle and best of all, it's generally good, fast and cheap.

During a project with A, he introduced to me Hung Vuong calling it the best pho in Melbourne, he took me and he was right. I then told Bear, Miss P and Mario about it and they were all keen to try it so off we went to the west.

Miss P got the BBH which had a nice rich broth and a soup loaded with topping.


Bear got the pork chop rice. It came with lemongrass scented pork chops, shredded meat load, cucumber, carrots served on a bed of broken rice and fish sauce on the side. The pork chop was well marinated and cooked till it was soft enough to be cut through with a spoon. Quite a satisfying meal.

Mario got the beef special. This is basically a pho version of 'burger with the lot', it had fresh beef, beef balls, tripe, beef sausage, blood and silky soft rice noodles. The broth was intense with flavour.


I got the fresh beef with tripe. This is my go to dish each time I go to pho. I prefer mine simple. There was plenty of beef and by the time I added in all the beanshoots, I was a happy camper. The intensity of the broth was just right.


Overall 17/20 I definitely agree with A, this is the best pho in Melbourne!

Click to add a blog post for Pho Hung Vuong Saigon on Zomato
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Thanks for starting the conversation Missy! Yeah the Pho Hung Vuong in Springvale is pretty darn good too ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I know, I have a review on their Springvale branch coming in the next week or so too. Stay tuned!

      Delete

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig