..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Monday, October 5, 2015

Tall Timber

On the rare bright sunny weekend in Melbourne. D and I ventured out to Prahan. I had been long wanting to try Tall Timber, with the beautiful weather, it seemed like the perfect opportunity. Located on the corner of Commercial road and Perth street, it was a quint little cafe that was bursting with people. We got there around 1pm and waited 20 minutes to get a table. I didn't mind, as I got to enjoy some sun in the process.

D and got our drinks while we decided on what to eat. D got his usual latte while I went for a fresher option,  orange juice. D coffee was smooth and good balance in aromas.

For the main show, D got the beetroot  cured ocean trout . This came with a smashed peas, radish, beetroot, poached egg, black tahini and croutons. A bit different from the usual breakfast affair of 'bacon and eggs', in a good way. The ocean trout was a winner, the beetroot juices seeped into the fish well and all the other elements on the plate provided a wholesome feeling and satisfying breakfast.




I wasn't as heathy as D,  I opted for banana, pistachio loaf. This was served with espresso mascarpone, fresh figs, berries and maple syrup. The crispy top of the loaf and fluffy centre got me hooked. Love how it wasn't too sweet, the espresso mascarpone give it the creamy hit and the fruits provided a good balance. I really enjoyed this dish.

Overall 17.5/20 its one that I will definitely visit again. The food was great, ambience was on key and great selection on the menu.

Tall Timber Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig