..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Bawa

After being away in Europe for a full month, I was very eager to brunch. I was fortunate that the second day I was back, was Cup Day, so it gave me the perfect excuse to find my favourite brunch buddy.

It felt that being away for a month, the brunch scene in Melbourne had changed a bit and there are heaps of new cafes to try. K took me to Bawa located on Burwood rd in Hawthorn. It was a slick modern cafe, it had a chilled and neat atmosphere, perfect for K and I to catch up

To overcome my jetlag I was quick to order a almond milk latte and K got her usual flat white. I normally go with soy but they ran out, so almond milk was the best alternative. The coffee was good but it didn't have a strong aroma, it was light roast. They also offered options for cold coffee, think I will try it next time I am visit.

As we can both never decide on 1 thing, we got 2 things to share. As our usual routine, we opted for 1 sweet, 1 savory.





For the sweet we got the chia pudding, this was served with blueberries, mango, passionfruit, coconut and pistachio. It was finished with rosewater to give it a beautiful fragrant. A very light breakfast, good for those to want a sweet, light start to their day.

For the savory I picked the avocado, feta with creamed corn on toast. This was finished with hazelnut crumbs and lime. I added in a poach egg for a bit of extra protein. I really enjoyed this, this is one of the best feta avocado toast I have eaten in awhile. The addition of creamed corn added just a tad of sweetness and the hazelnut and lime finish was brilliant. I absolutely loved this dish.

Over 16/20 a strong contender and a great addition to the Hawthorn choice of eateries. Staff gave excellent service and was highly attentive. The menu has a great selection does a nice spin on a lot of classic brunch dishes. Since the brains of Three Bags Full, Pillar of Salt, Dukes are behind this, I can't wait to see the next version of the menu. I get the feeling that great things are about to come out of this place.

  Bawa  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig