..... Enjoying life, one bite and plane ride at a time

Monday, December 14, 2015

Mick Adams

So what does one do when they are hungry at 9.30pm on a Friday night? Well... in my case I look for a burger to eat. Given a person should only have so many calories a day, I like to make sure I consume all mine wisely. My favorite way is generally with a good gourmet burger. So this time, it meant that I pay Mick Adam's Burger Bar a visit.

Located on Portman Street in Oakleigh, this is a the located burger shop for the ones who live nearby and lucky for them, it's gourmet. The shop layout has that raw, rustic fit-out, which makes a good casual catch up spot with friends.

The menu is armed with a lot of choice. D and I decided on a burger each with a bowl of chips to share. D went with the Petey Sweetie, which had a beef patty, beetroot, fried egg, bacon, caramelized onion, lettuce, jalapeno mayo, emmantal swiss cheese and tomato relish. This is pretty much the burger with the lot. The patty was perfectly medium rare.  It would have been good if they stabbed the burger with a skewer to keep the burger together while it was being eaten. It was juicy and all the components were done just right. It was the cheat day burger that D was after.




I picked the Cheeky Charlie. This had deep fried soft shelled crab, coriander, pickled cucumber, chilli jam, onion, radish and finished off with aioli. This is one for the soft shell crab lover. I enjoyed the lighter flavours (compared to a typical beef burger) and it was a good change to the beef I typically choose. D wasn't a fan of it as it didn't hit the 'burger spot' for him but I think it's a good burger to pick if you are hungry but don't feel like something very meaty. The chilli jam did a good job of cutting through the oiliness of the crab.

For the chips we picked the Truffle Parmesan flavour. I am a big fan of truffle, so I would never say no to truffle. They were thin cut shoe string fries. It was generous in cheese shavings and the truffle scent was full bodied. The only let down was the chips came to us cold. I think it might have been due to the fact, we got there late and one of the last patrons in the shop. Given the chips were priced at $13 (almost as much as a burger), this was the biggest let down in the meal

Overall 16.5/20 Great local burger shop. Good selection on the menu. D and I enjoyed the burgers but was disappointed with the chips. It is definitely a good addition to the Oakleigh food scene. Is it the best burgers in Melbourne? No it's not, but I would duck in again if I was in the area.

  Mick Adams Burger Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Missy Ness' Train of Thought
Blogger Designs by pipdig